It has been established that flax Seeds are preferred for their health-protective properties and being a plant-based protein source. Loaded with nutrients, ayurvedic flax seed powder contain both Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (aka Alpha-linoleic acid – ALA) and lignans that help fight cancer.
However, when flax seeds are not chewed properly, it goes undigested and flushes out of your system without any nutrient gain. Since our intestines can’t break down the hard shells of the seeds, we are better off using ground flaxseeds as they are easier to digest and allowing all our nutrients stay intact.
Many impressive health benefits are reaped from ayurvedic flax seed powder by simply adding it to your daily diet.
Why choose Flax seed Powder?
- Flax seed powder has the greatest health benefits when compared to flax seeds and flax seed oil.
- Ayurvedic Flax seed powder is a great source of dietary fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. They provide higher fiber content with lesser carbs that support the digestive system and facilitate weight management.
- It balances blood sugar levels, lowers unhealthy cholesterol (LDL), suppresses hunger and also prevents a heart attack. On the whole, ground seeds contain all the essential nutrients and minerals required by the human body.
- Ground flax seeds are added to smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, granola bars, protein shakes and even baking mixes.
- Due to its versatile toasted nutty taste, you could create splendid delicacies by adding ayurvedic flax seed powder to even Indian recipes like rotis, parattas, pooris, halwa, and so on.
- You could also add the powder to water and use it as a substitute to an egg in vegan recipes.