Flax oil is extracted from flax seeds that have been ground and pressed to release their natural oils. Due to its stellar nutritional profile and multiple health benefits, it has a wide variety of uses from cooking to skin care.
Flaxseed oil, aka linseed oil, is high in Omega-3 fatty acids containing 50-60% of it, which play important roles in common bodily processes. It is the richest sources of vegetable-based ALA’s and a serving of flax oil contains 120 calories, 0.01 gms of protein and 13.6 gms of fat.
Why choose Flax Seed Oil?
- Flaxseed oil is organic and has versatile usage. For beginners, flax oil can be substituted for other oils in salad dressings, dips, and sauces. You can also add 15 ml of flaxseed oil to your smoothies and shakes and see improvement in your overall health.
- Being as effective as olive oil and other mineral oils, flaxseed oil can treat diarrhoea and naturally cure constipation too.
- Flaxseed oil can be mixed with other essential oils to nourish skin and hair. Flax oil improves hydration in your skin and promotes hair growth with shine. It is also said that it can treat skin conditions like dermatitis and improve skin smoothness.
- Higher ALA or Omega-3 concentrations enhances your cardiovascular health and increases elasticity in the arteries. It has potent anti-inflammatory properties and also prevents the brain from ageing.
- Flaxseed oil = Fish oil without the animal component attached to it.