- Are you waiting for a different, healthy side-dish for your Dosas, Idlis, and others alike? You are at the right place.
- Hemp Seed Chutney is a protein-rich dish and is most popular in the regions of Uttarakhand. Taken from the Hemp Plant, the Hemp seeds provide a wide range of health benefits.
- With a blend of Health and Taste, this Hemp Seed Chutney is often preferred over other side-dishes. Having said this, your perfect side dish is not far away from transferring on to your plates.
- Here are the steps for making your own hemp seed chutney with our Ayurvedic sativa hemp seed. Let’s get cooking!
- Sativa Hemp Seeds– ½ cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1 cup
- Green Chilies- 3 to 4
- Garlic- 10 to 12 cloves
- Lemon juice- 1 ½ teaspoon
- Salt- ½ tablespoon
- Black Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder- ½ teaspoon
- Heat a pan from low to medium temperature. Take the Hemp Seeds and roast them dry in the pan.
- After 3 mins, reduce to a lower temperature.
- Roast until they are fragrant and start crackling.
- Take the Roasted Hemp Seeds out of the pan and allow them to cool down a little.
- Grind the seeds well in a grinder. You can use an electric grinder for this purpose.
- Take green chilies, peeled garlic cloves, and coriander leaves and add them to the Ground Hemp Seeds mixture.
- Add a few drops of water to the mixture in order to dilute them.
- Grind these ingredients together until you get a smooth paste.
- Wait for this paste to settle down for about 1 min.
- Add black salt, lemon juice and cumin powder to this paste and mix them well.
- Once this paste settles downs into a thicker paste, add ½ tablespoon salt for taste.
- Grind them all together again for about 30 seconds.
- Take this Chutney out of the grinder and place it in a cup or a vessel. Heat this mixture for about 2 mins.
- Your Hemp Seed Chutney is ready to serve.
Note: You can also add 2 tablespoons of Ayurvedic Hemp Protein Powder to the chutney while grinding to complete the protein-rich, tasty dish.