Hemp Seed Cherry Pie Ingredients:
For the pie crust:
- 1 cup walnuts.
- 1 cup hemp seeds.
- 1/6 cup coconut oil.
- 1/8 cup maple or date syrup.
For the filling:
- 1-2 cups freshly pitted cherries.
- In your food processor, pulse the walnuts and de-hulled hemp seeds into a fine powder.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup to it and mix until it sticks to each other forming a ball-like structure.
- Press 2/3 of this dough into a small pie dish (A 4-inch spring form pan would do) and place it in your fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- The remaining dough is rolled out between two sheets of parchment paper then stick in the freezer for about 1-2 hours until it hardens.
- Once your rolled out dough is hard, cut it into strips and carefully create a lattice crust on parchment paper. As you do this, be careful to not flip back the strips but simply slide the strips under each other.
- Now fill your pie crust with cherries, gently transfer your lattice crust on top of your cooled pie, rip off excess strips, and press those sides together.
- Serve right away as it tastes best when its eaten on the same day its being made.