What’s life without our famous, most-relished, must-haves: Dal Tadka? We bring you an exquisite, mouthwatering dish that will serve as a great side for your rice, roti and more- Hemp Masoor Dal Tadka Recipe!
Preparation Time: 5mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Settling Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 4 persons
- Toor Dal- 1cup
- Masoor Dal- ½ cup
- Ginger- 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili- 2, finely chopped
- Hemp Protein Powder– 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 8 cups
- Salt- 1 teaspoon (add more if required)
- Dry Red Chili- 2
- Chana Dal- ½ cup
- Medium-Sized Onion- 2
- Garlic- 2 tablespoons
- Tomato- 2
- Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
- Ghee- 6 teaspoons
- Asafoetida- 2 pinches
- Hemp Seeds– 2 teaspoons and for garnish
- First, take a pressure cooker and pour 4 cups of water into it. Add the following ingredients to the water: Toor Dal, Chana Dal, hemp seeds, Masoor Dal, Salt and Hemp Protein Powder.
- Cook these ingredients together on a medium flame until 5 whistles and then turn the flame off.
- On a non-stick pan, take 4 teaspoons of ghee and heat it on a medium flame for about 2 mins. Add to the mixture 1 tablespoon of garlic(chopped) and ginger. Heat until the garlic becomes light brown in colour.
- Now add chopped green chilli and sliced onions to the mixture in the pan.
- Begin sautéing until the onions become translucent. Add the two tomatoes chopped into tiny pieces and mix it with turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Cook this mixture until its blended together and the tomatoes become slender.
- Add these cooked ingredients in the pan to the mixture in the cooker and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of water to let the ingredients soak well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Add some more salt if required.
- Stir the mixture well and keep checking the consistency of the dal. Keep this mixture aside once consistent.
- Heat the reminding ghee on a separate pan and crush two dry red chillies and add it. Heat it on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add asafoetida and stir well. Heat this mixture for about 20 seconds.
- Transfer all the ingredients to the cooked Dal kept aside and mix all the ingredients together.
You can garnish this Dal with some more Hemp Seeds. Your Hemp Masoor Dal Tadka recipe is ready to be served.