Wondering what to serve on a rushed-up Monday morning? Are you someone who is fond of cereals and crunches for breakfast? Or are you just bored of a routine and want to experiment with new dishes? Whatever the reason may be, you are at the right place. Here we have the perfect recipe for Vegan Hemp Waffles– a complete protein-rich, delicious dish to start your day!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- Almond Milk- 1 ½ cups
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 teaspoon
- Hemp Protein Powder– ½ cup
- Hemp Seeds– 1 teaspoon
- Melted Coconut Oil- ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup- ¼ cup
- Gluten-free Oats (rolled)- ½ cup
- Gluten-free flour blend- 1 3/4 cups
- Baking Powder- 1 ½ teaspoon
- Sea Salt- 1 pinch
- Vanilla Extract- ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Cinnamon- 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- Fresh Fruits (chopped)- ¼ cup (optional)
- Pour Almond Milk into a bowl and let it sit for a few seconds to activate. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and Apple cider Vinegar to the almond milk and whisk well until the ingredients are mixed together. Set aside this bowl.
- Take another mixing bowl and add Hemp Protein Powder, Baking Powder, Sea-Salt, Gluten-free Oats. Mix them well until they stick together.
- Whisk these dry ingredients for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl of dry ingredients and mix them with the wet ingredients that were set aside.
- Stir this combined mixture until you get a thick paste. Take a small amount of paste and taste it to analyse the salt content. Add more salt if required.
- Add gluten-free flour blend to this mixture and stir until the flour is mixed well with the ingredients in the bowl.
- If you want to, you can add vanilla extract in this step. If you are adding vanilla extract, make sure you stir for about 1 min in order to let the essence spread to the entire mixture.
- Keep aside this batter and let it set for 5 to 6 mins.
- Pre-heat your waffle iron and lightly brush it with coconut oil.
- Pour ½ cup (or based on your requirement) of batter into the iron and cook for about 2 mins.
- Remove the waffle from the iron and place it on a pan.
- Heat the waffle in an oven at medium to high heat if you want to have the waffle served hot.
- Add cinnamon and sprinkle Hemp Seeds for seasoning.
- Your Vegan Hemp Waffles is now ready to be served.
- You can have a bit of freshly chopped fruits at intervals while having the waffle for an even better taste.