Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 50 minutes.
- 1 cup baby carrots.
- 4 flax eggs, (4 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 12 tablespoons water).
- 1 cup mushrooms.
- 1 head of cauliflower.
- Your favourite oil for roasting veggies, or veggie broth if not using oil.
- 1 can beans, drained and rinsed.
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic or 4 cloves.
- ½ cup chopped chives.
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley.
- 2 cups hemp seeds.
- 1 cup almond flour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix 4 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 12 tablespoons water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to make flax eggs.
- Place the vegetables on a cookie sheet.
- Bestrew oil, a pinch of salt and pepper over the vegetables. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes, until cauliflower, is soft but not mushy.
- Put veggies, garlic, chives and parsley in a food processor, and pulse until coagulated. Do not turn it into a mush or paste.
- Add the mixture into a large bowl, keeping about a fourth of it in the food processor.
- Place the beans into the food processor and mix until beans are part puree but still have some chunks. Add to the bowl.
- Add hemp seeds, almond meal, flax eggs, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Once you get the taste you like, allow mixture to set a bit so hemp seeds soak in some liquid. The mixture should hold together well, if not then mash the beans a bit more.
- Shape into 4-inch patties, cook in the pan on the stovetop over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Make sure to keep the pan covered to help the burger cook throughout. Check every few minutes to prevent burning, but it should be slightly browned when ready.
- Serve on lettuce for a lower carb meal or on sprouted wheat or gluten-free buns. Top with Garlic Chive Aioli, and other toppings of choice such as tomatoes, lettuce and red onion.